Water transport is the only means of communication for visiting the Sundarbans from Khulna or Mongla Port. Private motor launch, speedboats, country boats as well as mechanized vessel of Mongla Port Authority might be hired for the purpose. From Dhaka visitors may travel by air, road or rocket steamer to Khulna – the gateway to the Sundarbans. Most pleasant journey from Dhaka to Khulna is by Paddle Steamer, Rocket presenting a picturesque panorama of rural Bangladesh. Day and nightlong coach services by road are also available. The quickest mode is by air.
Permission from the Divisional Forest Officer (DFO), Khulna is required to visit the forest. Tourists are also advised to carry supplies of anti-malarial and anti-diarrhoeal medicines, insectrepellent cream, drinking water, green coconut, medical kit, light tropical dress and thick rubber soled boots. It will be wise to take the help of an experienced guide for a truly enjoyable journey.
Best time to visit the Sundarbans is from November to March. Exciting honey collection season is during April-May. Hunting is prohibited by law in the country for the preservation of wildlife. Certain species of birds, however, can be shot with prior permission of the Divisional Forest Officer, Khulna, It varies depending on tides against or in favour in the river. Usually it takes 6 to 10 hours journey by motor vessel from Mongla to Hiron Point or Katka.
Prior permission must be obtained through written application from the Divisional Forest Office, Circuit House Road, Khulna to visit the Sundarbans. Required entrance fees for visitors, vessel or boat payable at the relevant forest station/range office. Forest Department Rest-House located here. Prior booking essential.
Incoming search terms:
- bangladesh sundarban video
- how to go sundarban from dhaka
- dhaka to sundarban
- how to go sundarban
- khulna to sundarban distance
- mongla to sundarban
- sondurbon khulna resort com
- deep jungal picture in sunderban
- mongla sundarban
- natore to sundarban by roads
- how to go to shundarban from dhaka
- distance from satkhira sador to sundarban
- way of sundorban from barisal
- sunderbon khulna
- the way to go sundarban from noalhali
- sundarban river fishing
- sundarban location from dhaka
- sundarbab distance from khulna city
- sundarban tour from mongla
- Road Map of khulna to sundarban
- ghangir bahini arosomorpon sundorbon jplodosso
- mongla port to sundarbans
- boat trip to the sundarban from mongla mongla bangladesh
- khulna sundorbon kurar location
- how to we can go sundarban from barisal
- how to travel from dhaka to sundarban
- how to go sundarbans fm ctg
- how to barisal to sundarban